- Day-1: Drive to your opulent West Wing art-deco accommodation at the iconic OLD POST OFFICE LODGE in the Ruapehu District. That night relax, maybe sipping mulled-wine and toasting marshmallows around the fire-pit making s’mores, ready for the next day’s early start. [Note: You will have exclusive use of the West Wing for all 4 nights including the Back Deck’s traditional Finnish Sauna Cabin, the alpine-style hot-tub SpaPool, and the Fire-pit with Cape Code style seating … so no need to check-out during your overnight tour.]
- Day-2-3: Embrace the magic of this spectacular FORGOTTEN WORLD “Expedition” 1-night 2-day rail, river, helicopter and trail adventure, exploring the Forgotten Highway, the Whanganui River and the Whanganui National Park, including a 6 km bush-walk, and overnighting in the Republic of Whangamomona.
- Day-3: Late afternoon, return home to the Old Post Office Lodge, with plenty of time to enjoy the Finnish sauna cabin and a soak in the hot-tub spa-pool
- Day-4: A day to chillax before heading to the iconic CHATEAU TONGARIRO for a High Tea brunch/lunch/arvo-tea, with Henkell Trocken bubbles. Then later that day we recommend getting your glad-rags on to enjoy your own Great Gatsby evening … or maybe plan your own Agatha Christie style Murder Mystery (heck, the Lodge is like staying in your own real-life Cluedo house)
- Day-5: Time to head home. As an easy way to depart, recommend enjoying your Eggs Benny at the fab Blue Hill Cafe 1-min up the road