- Day-1: Drive to your opulent West Wing art-deco accommodation at the iconic OLD POST OFFICE LODGE in the Ruapehu District. That night relax, maybe sipping mulled-wine and toasting marshmallows around the fire-pit making s’mores, ready for the next day’s early start. [Note: You will have exclusive use of the West Wing for 2-nights either side of the 3-night tour, including the Back Deck’s traditional Finnish Sauna Cabin, the alpine-style hot-tub SpaPool, and the Fire-pit with Cape Code style seating.]
- Day-2: A full day to enjoy the Ruapehu District, with so many exceptional walking tracks and bike trails, or even a fascinating wander through the infamous Smashed Palace then a great bowl of chowder in wonderful Ohakune.
- Day-3-6: Checking out from the boutique Lodge, to relish the absolute pinnacle of FORGOTTEN WORLD adventures, with their 4-day 3-night immersion into explore the whole grand loop of the Forgotten Highway’s truly awesome landscape on their “Epic” tour including accommodation at the Republic of Whangamomona, Whanganui and Blue Duck Lodge, over 140 km of rail-cart journey over two days including 65 bridges and more than 20 tunnels; two days of jet-boating up the Whanganui River, lunch on the Bridge to Nowhere, Matahiwi Gallery, and Lauren’s Lavender Farm. Alternatively, with a $100 slight price reduction, you could experience the magnificent brand new “Rhine of the Pacific” 4-day 3-night tour along NZ’s history Whanganui ‘Rhine’ that carried 1900s globetrotters. This tour is luxury time-travel with a modern twist, and includes incredible walks, a scenic jet boat ride on the longest navigable river in NZ, and two nights at Blue Duck Station or Post Pioneers, plus you choose between a ‘conservation’ or ‘sustainability’ focused itinerary with lots of additional exploration highlights.
- Day-6: In the afternoon, return home to the Old Post Office Lodge, with plenty of time to enjoy the Finnish sauna cabin and a soak in the hot-tub spa-pool
- Day-7: A day to chillax before heading to the iconic CHATEAU TONGARIRO for a High Tea brunch/lunch/arvo-tea, including Drappier Champagne. Then later that day we recommend getting your glad-rags on to enjoy your own Great Gatsby evening … or maybe plan your own Agatha Christie style Murder Mystery (heck, the Lodge is like staying in your own real-life Cluedo house)
- Day-8: Time to head home. As an easy way to depart, we recommend enjoying your Eggs Benny at the fab Blue Hill Cafe 1-min up the road